Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Yale University’s Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS) seek a motivated and resourceful individual for a new position focused on NIH Training Grant outcomes assessment. This position will develop and implement methods to analyze and track recently defined competencies for NIH T32 Training Grant Applications. In addition, the person in this role will support writing the individualized competencies and tailored student development sections of the new T32 format grant application by working with all principal investigators (PIs) as they prepare training grant proposals. The person will contribute to outcomes tracking processes and analysis for ongoing assessment and progress reports as required, and contribute to dissemination and publication of reports and articles to increase visibility of Yale’s ongoing training efforts. The person in this role will also carry out assessment-related activities for CTL-based initiatives. This position will participate in national networks and professional organizations as appropriate to stay abreast of current and future developments and to connect with peer institutions. The person would report jointly to the CTL person overseeing Educational Program Assessment and the BBS Program Administrative Director.
Required Education and Experience: Ph.D. in related field and five years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research design and educational measurement techniques. Advanced statistical knowledge (such as regression, structural equation modeling, propensity score matching) and a demonstrated ability to analyze, summarize, and present quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to manage data collection processes including IRB submission, survey creation and distribution, and conducting focus groups and interviews. Familiarity with database software and data management processes.
- Superior consultation skills, including the ability to listen to clients, create relationships of trust and support, identify and frame pedagogical challenges and opportunities. Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with individuals from a wide variety of personal, academic, and professional backgrounds.
- Outstanding organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with complex and overlapping schedules. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm toward improving the enterprise of graduate education in the life sciences at Yale and nationwide and demonstrated high level of independence, self-direction and motivation.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Ph.D. in life sciences, behavioral sciences, or education. Experience in program evaluation. Experience in writing scientific and/or educational manuscripts for publication.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2DwhSOU. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression