The Department of Human Development and Family Science invites applications for an academic year, tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Child and Adolescent Development area with a Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Science, Psychology, Education, or a related field at the time of appointment. Applicants should have expertise in child cognitive development. Opportunities are available to interact with faculty in Virginia Tech’s transdisciplinary initiatives focused on Adaptive Brain and Behavior as well as Equity and Social Disparity in the Human Condition. The starting date is August 10, 2018. Review of applications will begin December 1, 2017 and will continue until a suitable candidate is appointed.
- A doctoral degree in Human Development and Family Science, Psychology, Education, or a related field at the time of appointment
- Expertise in cognitive development in infancy, early childhood, and/or middle childhood
- An interest in studying relationships among human behaviors and social environments as they affect children’s cognitive development
- An interdisciplinary perspective that integrates a variety of methodological approaches and theories from related disciplines, such as developmental science, behavioral science, cognitive/behavioral neuroscience, or computational science
- Demonstrated experience with interdisciplinary research and/or teaching in areas that align with Virginia Tech’s university-wide, multi-disciplinary initiative focused on Adaptive Brain and Behavior (https://provost.vt.edu/destination-areas/da-overview/da-brain.html) and Equity and Social Disparity in the Human Condition (http://inclusive.vt.edu/
Deadline: December 1st, 2017
APPLICATION LINK: https://listings.jobs.