Colorado State University is actively searching for the next Director and Professor in the School of Education. We are seeking an engaged, innovative, visionary leader to creatively build research and educational programs of excellence that will take our community of scholars and practitioners to the next level of national and international recognition.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Earned doctorate degree in Education or a related field. Related field is defined as being one of the
specializations represented by the doctoral and masters programs within the School;
• Academic credentials compatible with a faculty appointment at the rank of Professor with tenure at a Carnegie Research University (Very High Research Activity);
• Demonstrated record of a strong, focused research program characterized by national/international recognition;
• Ability to effectively develop and communicate a strategic, focused vision;
• Demonstrated record of effective administrative and professional leadership;
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence;
• Commitment to leveraging human potential;
• Understanding of the PK-20, adult, and workplace education landscapes and research contexts.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience with budgeting, personnel management, and/or external grant management;
• Experience as department head or associate dean;
• Experience leading the tenure and promotion process and making tenure and promotion decisions;
• Service in positions of leadership in national and/or international professional organizations;
• Experience with curricular and instructional development;
• Experience with assessment and accreditation/reaccreditation processes;
• Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
Those interested may access the full job post here.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.