The Postdoctoral Fellow will perform research on teaching and learning to inform the development of graduate student support programs in the Faculty Innovation Center (FIC) at the University of Texas (UT) at Austin, and will assist in disseminating knowledge about effective college teaching practices to graduate student instructors.
- Design, implement, manage, and evaluate various graduate student support programs.
- Train and mentor graduate student instructors, assist with curriculum design for pedagogy courses, and conduct workshops on teaching and learning.
- Supervise graduate student assistants working on conducting research, teaching, writing, and prioritizing work responsibilities.
- Collaborate with FIC staff to develop content that presents evidence-based college-teaching practices and information about career pathways in higher education.
- Collaborate with the Graduate School and departmental graduate coordinators/advisors across campus to assist graduate students in their teaching endeavors and support graduate programs.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that will help build knowledge about best practices and innovative strategies in education and graduate student development, as well as enable opportunities to share our Center’s work with practitioners across the country.
- Earned Ph.D., especially with coursework in teaching development / pedagogy
- Teaching experience at the university level
- Experience in conducting research on graduate student development
- Experience working in a center for teaching development on issues of graduate student development
- A record of conference presentations and publications in the area of educational development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint) and statistical software (e.g., SPSS).
Please send (1) a letter of interest, (2) your current curriculum vitae, (3) a teaching statement, and (4) contact information for at least three references to email@example.com.
Date available: 1 September 2017
Position duration: 1 year, renewable up to 3 years total Monthly salary: $4166 negotiable depending on qualifications Hours per week: 40.00
Hiring department: Faculty Innovation Center
Molly Hatcher, J.D., Ph.D.
Program Coordinator, Graduate Student Development Faculty Innovation Center
The University of Texas at Austin firstname.lastname@example.org