EdLab at the Gottesman Libraries envisions, designs, and pilots knowledge projects for a fundamentally different education sector that is attuned to the emerging post-industrial, information-based, globally-connected world. EdLab is organized in small flexible multi-disciplinary teams that collaborate to develop and deliver products and services of distinction.
Postdoctoral research scientists draw on their prior professional experience to invent, manage, and assess a range of new functions and services as part of the overall research program designed to create a rich environment for self-directed and social learning in the library and beyond.
- Design and instrument infrastructure to facilitate data collection and analysis
- Identify quantitative markers of user experience
- Create and conduct experiments to inform research
- Process and analyze results and data
- Communicate ongoing work and findings to the education research community via published papers, conference presentations, and other EdLab venues
- Work with engineering and product teams to help define user experience goals and metrics
- Influence design decisions by communicating findings
- Collaborate with academia/industry to apply the results of research and develop new techniques, products or practices
This is a one-year appointment with possibility for renewal. For more information, visit the full post here: https://careers.tc.columbia.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1485794253620