The University of Alabama, College of Education seeks an assistant or associate professor in the Department of Educational Studies. We are seeking a scholar with a methodological specialization in educational measurement and assessment. The ideal candidate for this position will have a robust research program designed to bridge the world between educational measurement/assessment, on one hand, and educational practice, on the other.
The selected candidate will be expected to teach graduate courses in our developing certificate program in educational measurement and assessment. This candidate will also be expected to engage in research projects that cross-cut one or more area of contemporary educational practice located in the Department and/or elsewhere in the College of Education. This position will be housed in the Educational Research Program that is a part of a larger Department of Educational Studies that includes Educational Psychology and Neuroscience, School Psychology, and Counselor Education. Rank of appointment will be evaluated based on the applicant’s track record of securing extramural funding
• Doctoral degree in Educational Research (or similar field);
• Evidence of methodological expertise in educational measurement and assessment;
• Evidence of generating external funding in support of research activities, as appropriate for faculty rank;
• Ability to work with students and faculty in a variety of disciplines;
• Strong writing and communication skills;
• Commitment to working with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated general knowledge and interest in teaching educational measurement and assessment;
• Demonstrated ability to develop working research collaborations across disciplinary boundaries;
• Evidence of participation in national professional organizations.
• Establish an independent research program leading to publication;
• Teach courses in educational research;
• Seek external funding for research initiatives;
• Participate in program initiatives, faculty decisions, and advising;
• Provide consultation to an interdisciplinary group of students and faculty;
• Serve on dissertation committees.
Further information about the program and college is accessible at www.education.ua.edu. and through contacting Dr. Michael Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org, search committee chair.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Starting Date: August 16, 2020
● Health and Life Insurance
● TIAA–CREF Available
● Teachers’ Retirement System of Alabama
● Summer employment available on an as needed basis
● International Teaching Opportunities Possible
Application Process: Please apply online at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu . A letter of application, unofficial transcript of all graduate level coursework, curriculum vita, samples of professional writing, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references are required to complete the online application process
Prior to hiring, the final candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and submit “official” transcript(s) of all graduate level coursework.
Learn more at the full job post, here.