The University of Alabama, College of Education seeks an assistant or associate professor in the Department of Educational Studies. We are seeking a scholar with both a methodological and substantive specialization in experimental design/intervention research. We are especially interested in a scholar who uses Bayesian statistics to analyze treatment effects. Candidates will be appointed in the Educational Research Program that is a part of a larger Department of Educational Studies that includes Educational Psychology and Neuroscience, School Psychology, and Counselor Education. Candidates for this position will be expected to teach research design and statistics courses. However, priority will be given to scholars whose research program aims to substantively address real problems of educational practice, especially interdisciplinary ones. Rank of appointment will be evaluated, in part, based on the applicant’s track record of securing extramural funding.
• Doctoral degree in Educational Research (or similar field);
• Evidence of methodological expertise in experimental design/intervention research;
• Evidence of generating external funding in support of research activities, as appropriate for faculty rank;
• Ability to work with students and faculty in a variety of disciplines;
• Strong writing and communication skills;
• Commitment to working with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated general knowledge and interest in teaching research design and statistics at the undergraduate and graduate level;
• Demonstrated ability to develop working research collaborations across disciplinary boundaries;
• Evidence of participation in national professional organizations.
• Establish an independent research program leading to publication;
• Teach courses in educational research;
• Seek external funding for research initiatives;
• Participate in program initiatives, faculty decisions, and advising;
• Provide consultation to an interdisciplinary group of students and faculty;
• Serve on dissertation committees.
Further information about the program and college is accessible at www.education.ua.edu. and through contacting Dr. Michael Lawson at email@example.com, search committee chair.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Starting Date: August 16, 2020
● Health and Life Insurance
● TIAA–CREF Available
● Teachers’ Retirement System of Alabama
● Summer employment available on an as needed basis
● International Teaching Opportunities Possible
Application Process: Please apply online at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu . A letter of application, unofficial transcript of all graduate level coursework, curriculum vita, samples of professional writing, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references are required to complete the online application process
Prior to hiring, the final candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and submit “official” transcript(s) of all graduate level coursework.
Learn more at the full job posting, here.