The George Mason University College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) invites applications for a tenure-track appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank specializing in Educational Psychology and Mixed Methods Research Methodology starting Fall 2017. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The department is particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated expertise in (a) assessment, evaluation, and testing; and (b) quantitative and mixed methods research methodology. Responsibilities include:
- Teaching master’s and doctoral-level classes;
- Advising and mentoring graduate students;
- Pursuing an active agenda of research and external funding; and
- Contributing to the university, the community and the profession through service and outreach activities.
- Must have an earned doctorate, and evidence of university teaching and research activity appropriate for appointment at the assistant or associate professor rank in a Research I university.
- Expertise in the domains of assessment, evaluation, and testing;
- Experience with quantitative and mixed methods research and associated teaching assignments; and
- Demonstrated capabilities for securing external funding.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number F8390z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Review of applications will begin mid-April, and continue until the position is filled.