Title: Educational Research and Measurement
Rank: Assistant Professor
Status: Tenure Track
Start: Fall 2022 (August 2022)
The Kremen School of Education and Human Development (KSOEHD) at California State University, Fresno seeks applicants for a tenure-track, academic year position as an Assistant Professor in Research and Statistics in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
The successful candidate will teach and mentor graduate students in a variety of master’s, advanced certificate, and doctoral degree programs; conduct scholarly and applied research; and engage in service-related activities within the university and community. Teaching responsibilities will be in the areas of research, statistics, measurement, and program evaluation. Specific assignments are dependent on departmental needs and the background of the individual.
Our Students: California State University, Fresno is committed to serving our students with a focus on inclusion. Fresno State has been recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI); an Asian American/Native American/Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI); and has been designated to the Community Engagement Classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Required Education (from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent.):
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) with a major emphasis in Research Methodology, Statistics, Measurement, Program Evaluation, Educational Psychology, Education, or other closely related area is required.
- Applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered; however, for an appointment, the doctorate must be completed by August 01, 2022.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Extensive coursework in the areas of quantitative and qualitative research, statistics, measurement, and evaluation.
- Successful teaching experience in research and methods areas preferred at the graduate and undergraduate level and/or at the K-12 level.
- Evidence of successful research activities, such as publications in scholarly journals, funded grant proposals, evaluation work, and/or collaborative research.
- Methodological area(s) of expertise such as applied statistical analysis (e.g., SEM, HLM), data visualization, educational measurement, qualitative methodology, or program evaluation.
- Academic area(s) of expertise such as curriculum, teacher training, counseling, educational administration, English language learners, technology, or subject matter areas (e.g., mathematics, science, etc.).
- Practitioner-oriented data communication skills for school districts, institutions of higher education, or other organizations.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin October 1, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration apply by this date. This position automatically closes on May 1, 2022.
Apply online at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu
- Letter of interest, or cover letter, that specifically addresses the required and relevant preferred experience qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- A statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- A list of three professional references
- Optional: A sample publication
Candidates invited for an on-campus visit must submit the following by mail/e-mail within the designated deadline. The Search Chair will send information and requests for these items:
- Official transcripts
- Three current letters of recommendations
Committee Information and Search process:
Dr. Christian Wandeler, Search Committee Chair
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
Kremen School of Education and Human Development
About Fresno State
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students’ intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University’s commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect, and ethical behavior, visit: http://www.fresnostate.
The campus is ranked 24th in the nation by Washington Monthly; ranked 3rd by U.S. News & World Report in graduation rate performance for public institutions; and, ranked 41st in the nation in MONEY Magazines 50 Best Public Colleges.
Tenure-Track Faculty members gain a clear path to tenure through the University’s Probationary Plan Process. For additional information, please visit: www.fresnostate.edu/
Fresno State sits in the midst of the San Joaquin Valley, a valley rich in the traditions and representation of Native American peoples and cultures. We are grateful to be in the traditional homelands of the Yokut and Mono peoples, whose diverse tribal communities share stewardship over this land.
About the College and Department:
The KSOEHD consists of five Departments and offers master’s degrees in counseling, curriculum and instruction, early childhood education, educational leadership, multilingual/multicultural education, reading, rehabilitation counseling, special education, and teaching. Certificates of Advanced Study in Research Methods and in Educational Technology are offered. The KSOEHD also has a doctoral program in educational leadership. Research faculty members are housed in the Curriculum and Instruction Department and teach research, statistics, qualitative research, and evaluation and measurement courses to graduate students in all departments and programs. Classes are offered in face-to-face, hybrid, and fully online formats. Research faculty provide research support to faculty in the school and university.
In 2014 the KSOEHD received full national and state accreditation and earned an exemplary designation by the examination committee. Faculty members are known for excellence in teaching and have received many teaching awards. Faculty also procure numerous grants and other funding support.
Other Campus Information:
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees online at www.fresnostate.edu/police/
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. Any offer of employment may be withdrawn, or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a “limited reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following website: http://www.calstate.
California State University, Fresno is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.