The Department of Educational Psychology and Learning Systems in the College of Education at Florida State University (FSU) is seeking qualified applicants for the tenure-track position of Assistant Professor in Educational Psychology: Learning & Cognition (L&C).
The L&C program at FSU is one of the top 25 Educational Psychology programs in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. The program currently offers online M.S., face- to-face M.S.-thesis and Ph.D. degrees, as well as a graduate certificate in College Teaching. L&C has a strong focus on evaluating effective learning contexts and research evidence behind education-related interventions, and (in the case of thesis and doctoral students) on conducting research. We prepare professionals across many disciplines to apply theories of cognition, learning, and development to their fields of practice. Our students come from many backgrounds to apply Learning and Cognition in research, classroom, government, or organizational settings. We also prepare scholars to identify and pursue important research questions and conduct rigorous studies on issues related to supporting learning across the lifespan, especially for those who have been underserved. Learn more at education.fsu.edu/learning-cognition.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop and teach graduate-level courses in online, face- to-face, and blended learning environments
- Mentor graduate students and advise doctoral dissertations
- Pursue external funding opportunities
- Play an integral role in collaborating with colleagues, students, and alumni to maintain a strong program community and identity
- Provide service to the program, department, college, and profession
Learn more—and find application instructions—at the full call, linked here.