The Educational Psychology Program at Mississippi State University is seeking applicants for two non-tenure track assistant teaching professor positions, commencing fall 2024. Both are professional-track positions with opportunities for promotion to associate and full ranks. The assistant teaching professors will play a crucial role in delivering high-quality teaching services to both our face-to-face (f2f) and online students in our program. We seek candidates who prioritize and embody collegiality, considering it a fundamental aspect that enhances our program and department’s dynamic and effectiveness. Review of applications will begin on November 30, 2023, and continue until both positions are filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach various areas within the bachelor’s degree program in Educational Psychology, including human development, motivation, learning and cognition, individual differences, statistics, and measurement.
- Conduct undergraduate advisement, organizing advising events, attending recruitment events, and providing guidance to students.
- Doctorate degree (including ABDs) in Educational Psychology or related area.
- Doctorate degree (including ABDs) in Educational Psychology.
- Previous experience in teaching and advising, both f2f and online, at the college/university level is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in online program coordination.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with instructional technology and learning management systems such as Canvas.
- Ability to teach in traditional and non-traditional formats and settings (on-campus, off-campus, evenings, online).
Instructions for Applying
Applicants must apply online at https://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/506716/assistant-teaching-professor. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter explaining teaching philosophy and experiences related to the position.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Evidence of strong previous teaching experience (course evaluations, syllabi, etc.).
- Unofficial graduate transcripts.
- Names and full contact information of three references.
For inquiries, contact Dr. Elaine Wei at firstname.lastname@example.org.