The Department of Educational Studies at Purdue University invites applications for appointment to a 10-month tenure track position at the level of Assistant Professor in Educational Psychology, the Learning Sciences, or a related field, beginningAugust 18, 2014. The ideal candidate will have scholarly and applied interests in the area of teacher quality, classroom environments, and learner development.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- contribute expertise to undergraduate teaching efforts offered by the educational psychology section, particularly the foundational course Creating and Managing Classroom Environments
- teach graduate courses in an area of specialization within educational psychology or the learning sciences
- maintain an active program of research and scholarship in his or her area of specialization
- pursue external funding to support research and teaching
- advise and mentor graduate students in the educational psychology program; and
- work collaboratively with colleagues in the department, faculty and staff in Purdue’s teacher education program, and P-12 educators, to enhance strategic efforts in learning, discovery, and engagement.
Minimum qualifications include an earned doctorate in educational psychology, learning sciences, or a related area. Demonstrated evidence of ability to teach K-12 classrooms or related experience is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record of scholarship including publications in peer-reviewed journals and prior extra-mural funding; evidence of effective teaching in educational psychology at the college level; and the ability to work collaboratively with university colleagues and other partners.
The College of Education is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement and a successful candidate would be expected to be able to show evidence of being able to integrate this emphasis into at least one of these areas
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin October 31, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled. Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, a philosophy of teaching statement, and a statement of professional goals relative to the College of Education strategic plan (http://www.education.purdue.