The Department of Learning Sciences and Educational Research at the University of Central Florida (UCF) is interdisciplinary and focuses on applying psychological theories and research addressing how people learn; how educators can meet the needs of diverse, advanced, gifted and talented learners; the design and application of qualitative, quantitative and mixed-research methodologies, measurement and program evaluation; and the design, development, implementation and evaluation of innovative instructional methodologies and programs in K-12, higher education, and business and industry settings. The department houses graduate programs in applied learning and instruction, curriculum and instruction, gifted education, instructional design and technology, and methodology, measurement and analysis.
The UCF Ed.D. program in curriculum and instruction prepares leaders in instruction and training in schools, colleges, universities, and industry settings. We maintain partnerships with all the central Florida school districts and serve local industry. We are seeking an innovative, culturally responsive, equity-focused scholar-practitioner to join our team as an assistant professor of curriculum and instruction with a focus on educational psychology and/or learning and instruction to serve as core program faculty. Successful candidates will be required to teach one or more of the following courses:
- EDF 6155: Lifespan Human Development,
- EDF 7478: Analysis of Data for Complex Problems of Practice,
- IDS 6504: Adult Learning,
- EDF 6259: Learning Theories EDG 7947: Lab of Practice.
- Earned doctorate from an accredited university in Curriculum & Instruction, Educational Psychology, Learning Sciences, or closely related field.
- Record of research and scholarly publications commensurate with rank and years of experience.
- Expertise and ability to teach courses related to Curriculum & Instruction and/or Educational Psychology courses.
- Experience guiding educational or training professionals through applied research projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of K-12, higher education, or industry teaching or training experience.
- Experience with advising graduate students and/or supervising clinical and field experiences.
- Experience serving on doctoral dissertations.
- Experience with hybrid, fully online, and/or remote synchronous instruction.
- Evidence of culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Defined research agenda and evidence of activity in extramural research funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http//www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.