The College of Education & Human Services at the University of North Florida (UNF) is seeking applications for an innovative Assistant Professor with expertise in Educational Psychology and Learning Science. This person will work with undergraduate and graduate teacher preparation programs, serve on dissertation committees, assist in the development of education programs, and other instructional duties (determined in accordance with the needs of the Department and the College and the faculty’s areas of expertise). This faculty member will join an interdisciplinary team promoting clinically based teacher preparation with local school district partners. Active participation in research and scholarship within teacher education and or foundations in teacher education, resulting in reputable peer-reviewed publications and presentations, is expected. Involvement in relevant professional service at the local, regional, and/or national level is also expected.
Teaching, Research, Service:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses to support educators to implement learning theory across the lifespan, instruction, assessment, and classroom/instructional environments;
- Advise undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students;
- Participate in program development and accreditation processes;
- Serve on faculty committees at the department, college, and university levels; and
- Provide service within the University, to state and local educational agencies, and to relevant professional organizations.
- Earned doctorate by the start date in Educational Psychology or a related field;
- Evidence of scholarly research that advances the field of Educational Psychology, including an active record of academic scholarship and productivity;
- Evidence of the ability to lead the entire research process, from project conceptualization to data collection, analysis, and writing;
- Can provide examples of working with a diverse population of preservice and in-service teachers, colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative;
- Interest or experience working with teachers, staff, administrators, and stakeholders in educational settings;
- Successful experience supporting educators to implement learning theory across the lifespan, instruction, assessment, and classroom/instructional environments;
- Experience developing and teaching graduate courses, both face-to-face and online; and
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with instructional methodologies to support PK-12 student learning and course design at the university level.
Applicants must complete an online application at http://www.unfjobs.org , as well as upload supplemental documents to be considered for this position. A minimum of three (3) references with contact information is required to be listed in the application. UNF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action Institution. Quick link: https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/26346