The School of Education and Human Development at the University of Virginia seeks a dynamic, innovative educator with a strong understanding of the principles of quality curriculum, instruction, and assessment and a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion for the position of Assistant Professor of Education in the Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education. This is a 9-month, salaried faculty position that is not eligible for tenure. Minimum teaching load of 3 courses per semester during the fall and spring semesters.
The successful candidate will join the Curriculum & Instruction program and collaborate closely with faculty who implement the Education Doctorate (EdD) Program in Curriculum and Instruction (C&I), a part-time, online, asynchronous program designed for educators who work full-time in K-12 schools, districts, and other educational settings throughout the US and the world while pursuing their doctoral studies.
The successful candidate will teach online graduate courses in curriculum, instruction, and assessment, with particular focus on the “C&I Core” classes that are a central component of the C&I EdD program. This position also advises C&I EdD students, supports and evaluates students as they complete EdD milestone assessments, and collaborates with colleagues to build a cutting-edge online doctoral program. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience teaching online and will have an excellent understanding of working with professional learners.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in curriculum and instruction or a closely related area completed prior to the start date of the position.
- Experience teaching courses at the university level
- Experience working on a collaborative team in an educational setting
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of quality curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Some classroom teaching experience in preK-12 education
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience teaching asynchronous, online courses at the university level
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in innovative ways to enhance instruction
- Experience developing courses at the university level
- Experience managing adjunct instructors
- Experience advising graduate students
- Five or more years of classroom teaching or similar experience in preK-12 education
Review of applications will begin November 8, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment.
Learn more—and find application instructions—at the full announcement, here.