The University of Alabama, College of Education seeks an associate or full professor in the Department of Educational Studies. We are seeking a scholar with either a strong, national/international research profile in quantitative research methodology, or a scholar from Educational Psychology, School Psychology, or related fields with a particular methodological specialization (e.g., Latent Variable Models, Measurement, Bayesian Statistics, or Causal Inference). The primary focus of the position is to enhance campus wide engagement and collaboration in quantitative, Life Span Development Research, with special attention toward methodological approaches that support inter-disciplinary research and inquiry.
• Doctoral degree in Educational Research (or similar field);
• Evidence of expertise in one or more research methodologies;
• Evidence of generating external funding in support of research activities;
• Ability to work with students and faculty in a variety of disciplines;
• Strong writing and communication skills;
• Commitment to working with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated general knowledge and experience in teaching research methodologies at the graduate level;
• Demonstrated ability to develop working research collaborations across disciplinary boundaries;
• History of chairing dissertations;
• History of leadership in national professional organizations.
• Continue an independent research program leading to publication;
• Teach courses in educational research at the graduate level;
• Seek significant external funding;
• Participate in program initiatives, faculty decisions, and advising;
• Provide consultation to an interdisciplinary group of students and faculty;
• Serve on dissertation committees.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Starting Date: August 16, 2020
● Health and Life Insurance
● TIAA–CREF Available
● Teachers’ Retirement System of Alabama
● Summer employment available on an as needed basis
● International Teaching Opportunities Possible
Application Process: Please apply online at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu . A letter of application, unofficial transcript of all graduate level coursework, curriculum vita, samples of professional writing, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references are required to complete the online application process
Prior to hiring, the final candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and submit “official” transcript(s) of all graduate level coursework.
Find the full job posting here.