The College of Education and Human Performance (CEDHP) at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications and nominations for the associate dean for Research. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader and experienced scholar with a demonstrated track record of successful, peer-reviewed publication and federal funding, and interdisciplinary collaboration, peer-mentorship, and innovation. The associate dean for Research will be responsible for advancing the research culture in the CEDHP at an exciting time in the history of the university.
The associate dean for Research will be expected to initiate, design, and evaluate initiatives and processes that promote increased research activity, productivity, networking, commercialization and external funding for faculty and students in order to impact the educational and life experiences of local, state, national, and international communities. Specific responsibilities include these:
- Advance the college’s research mission to further enhance CEDHP’s local, state, national, and international prominence;
- Implement initiatives, including mentoring opportunities for faculty at various levels, to increase CEDHP faculty research productivity;
- Establish an effective infrastructure to enhance opportunities for faculty to secure external funding;
- Provide leadership and oversight of the CEDHP Office of Research to ensure effective pre- and post-award grant support;
- Further develop relationships with state, federal and private external funding agencies and community partners;
- Facilitate collaborations among scholars within/outside the college to foster interdisciplinary research;
- Seek external funding to support the college’s research mission and participate in other scholarly activities and professional services as required of members of the university faculty community;
- Serve on the dean’s leadership team and the college faculty council;
- Collaborate with the UCF Office of Research and Commercialization and other university offices;
- Serve as designee representing the dean as requested;
- Complete other assignments as requested by the dean;
This position is based on the Orlando campus, and is a 12-month appointment. The desired start date is July 1, 2016. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications and experience, and will include benefits.
The College of Education and Human Performance employs about 130 full‐time faculty members serving approximately 5,700 students in 12 undergraduate programs and 25 graduate programs. The college is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (formerly NCATE).
The University of Central Florida is a major metropolitan research university, providing the academic core for Central Florida. The multi-campus university enrolls approximately 61,200 students and is the fastest growing university in Florida. The main campus is located in northeastern Orlando, a growing diverse community of nearly 2 million people. Regional campuses are located in Seminole, Volusia, Osceola, Brevard, and Lake counties, with many additional sites in the Central Florida region. UCF provides academic leadership for the Central Florida region through strategic partnerships with public and private sector organizations and corporations. It also has met all of the criteria for the Carnegie classification of RU/VH: Research Universities (very high research activity) and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral levels.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution in one of the disciplines of the college;
- A demonstrated record of scholarship that merits a tenured faculty appointment as an associate or full professor;
- Experience in obtaining external research funding and demonstrated history of serving as the principal investigator on externally funded, peer-reviewed, and research grants;
- Knowledge of policies and procedures associated with securing external funding from private foundations and federal agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and leading new initiatives or programs to advance the research mission of an academic department or college;
- Administrative experience including budget management, mentoring faculty and supervising professional staff.
Additional Application Materials:
In addition to Faculty Applicant Affirmation form, applicants must submit a letter of intent describing a) qualifications and interest in the position, b) evidence of scholarly impact, c) history of external peer-reviewed funding, and d) vision of role as the associate dean for Research. Additional application materials include curriculum vitae, names and contact information for three references relevant to the position, copy of graduate transcripts (the selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts).
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Initial screening will begin on January 11, 2016 and continue until position is filled.
Questions may be addressed to:
Ms. Allison Jefferson, Office of the Dean, College of Education and Human Performance, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816-1250; firstname.lastname@example.org; (407) 823-0329.
Find this position’s original job posting on its native website, here: http://www.jobswithucf.com:80/postings/44151
UCF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.