Position: Associate or Full (tenure/tenure-stream)
Appointment: Eight-month, full-time, tenure-stream: starting Fall 2022
Description: The School of Education at the University of Pittsburgh is seeking an assistant, associate or full professor in Health and Wellness Promotion and Coaching. This person would join the Department of Health and Human Development’s programs that focus on exercise science, clinical exercise physiology, and health and wellness programming and promotion.
Our new colleague will join us at an exciting time as we reimagine and create new programming specific to health and wellness coaching and create innovative approaches to research, teaching, and engagement in ways that attend to equity and justice. We are a vibrant and growing community of researchers and practitioners examining critical issues in behavioral science, health promotion, exercise science, and chronic disease management. This hire would have opportunities to contribute to regional and national conversations about the role of health coaching and promotion in programs designed to prepare practitioners to better connect healthy lifestyles to learning and access. The person will have opportunities to teach and advise undergraduate, masters, Ph.D. and Ed.D students. We see this position as directly aligned with the School of Education mission/vision that makes clear “we ignite learning, pursue and produce knowledge, and advance educational excellence” and “we approach learning as intertwined with health, wellness, and human development.”
- Earned doctorate in health psychology, health education, counseling, exercise science, nutrition, public health, or a closely related field;
- Demonstrated excellence in university-level teaching in health and wellness programming and promotion, behavior change, health education;
- Strong record of peer-reviewed publication and success with external funding for research and practice/engagement work.
- Expertise in behavioral science/behavior change, motivational interviewing, health promotion, health coaching, and/or health counseling.
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach or Certified Health Education Specialist
- Interest in designing and teaching online and hybrid undergraduate and graduate courses.
Application Instructions: Applicants should submit:
- Letter of application
- One writing sample
- List of six references (Associate/Full) (References will only be contacted and asked to submit a letter if candidate advances to initial interview round.)
Full consideration will be given to complete applications submitted by October 24, 2021 to https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=21006865&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York and will continue until position is filled.
For assistance with submission questions, please contact Megan Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity, EOE, including disability/vets.