The College of Education at Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, invites applications for an Associate Professor position in the Learning Sciences for the Department of Education and Human Development. The Learning Sciences Program has a commitment to advance excellence in interdisciplinary research spanning a variety of learning environments, socio-cognitive and socio-cultural contexts. Faculty demonstrate this commitment by creating an academic environment characterized by equity, social justice, and interdisciplinary collaboration. The Learning Sciences program has 10 faculty members and 12 affiliate faculty in other colleges and departments. The ideal candidate will have a strong program of funded interdisciplinary research established and carry out cutting-edge research in the Learning Sciences. The candidate’s research will complement our current research in educational psychology, digital media and learning, data science and child/adolescent development. Candidates will also develop and teach graduate courses in the learning sciences, contribute to the ongoing improvement of the Learning Sciences Ph.D. program and related cognate areas, actively recruit and supervise Ph.D. students, support strategic initiatives across the College of Education and the campus and provide leadership and service at the local, state, and national levels.
Priority will be given to innovative scholars who focus their research on any of the following applied to learning across the lifespan: learning analytics, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, cognition and learning, human-computer interaction, the design of learning environments, applied developmental science or developmental and learning contexts.
Direct position link: apply.interfolio.com/70428
- Maintaining an active and productive research agenda
- Pursuing external funding
- Advising and mentoring Ph.D. students
- Collaborating with faculty members across the department, College of Education and the Clemson Campus
- Undergraduate and graduate-level teaching
- Service to the department, college, university as well as scholarly and practitioner communities
- A Ph.D. in Learning Sciences or related field (e.g. Educational Psychology, Computer Science, Education)
- A strong record of scholarship in Learning Sciences, or related fields
- Established record of significant external grant funding
- Experience teaching in higher education and working with diverse student populations
- A history of successful collaborations applied to academic and community partnerships
- Strong quantitative skills
- Facility with asynchronous learning, hybrid course development and other online teaching methods
To apply, please submit a cover letter that outlines relevant qualifications for the position, research and teaching interests, and a statement describing how you have worked to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in your previous position and how you plan to continue to do so once on campus. Include a curriculum vitae, three sample publications and contact information for three (3) references via Interfolio. Transcripts will be required upon hire.
For questions about the position Contact: Danielle Herro Associate Professor and Search Chair email@example.com ph.: 262-337-0205.
For full consideration, applications must be received by Monday, January 6, 2020. Review of applicants will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.