In addition to doctoral and masters degrees in Human Development and in Measurement, Statistics and Evaluation, the department offers an undergraduate major in Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education with dual certification (jointly administered with the Special Education Program in the Department of Counseling, Higher Education and Special Education), an off-campus M. Ed. program, and a number of general education courses. The Department administers the Center for Young Children that has a research, practice, and training mission. The proximity to Washington DC creates unique opportunities for collaboration and impact in research, education, and policy contexts. More information about the University of Maryland, the College of Education, and the Department can be found at http://www.education.umd.edu/HDQM/.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Earned doctorate in human development, educational psychology, developmental psychology, measurement, quantitative methods, or a related area
- Record of publications and funding commensurate with appointment at the rank of Professor
- Demonstrated national or international leadership and scholarship in education, human development, quantitative methodology, or a related area
- Administrative experience in a role as department chair or other comparable experience
- Experience managing budgets
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a diverse community
We encourage applications from minority candidates, women, and persons with disabilities. The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is dedicated to increasing diversity of its faculty through hiring and retention of minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Candidates should upload a letter of application addressing their qualifications; current curriculum vitae; and names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of three persons from whom reference letters may be requested. All application materials must be submitted electronically via the eTerp system at ejobs.umd.edu.
Requests for confidentiality will be honored until the final phase of the search.
Address materials and inquiries to Prof. Colin Phillips, HDQM Search Committee Chair, c/o College of Education, 3119 Benjamin Building, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742. Voice: 301-405-2172 FAX: 301-314- 9890 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please submit by December 1, 2014. Appointment to the position will be effective July 1, 2015.