The Department of Educational Studies at Purdue University is currently accepting applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor position in Educational Psychology to begin August 1, 2016. We are seeking applicants who will have scholarly and applied interests in the area of teacher quality and learner development.
We are seeking a faculty member with expertise in the following areas:
- Exemplary teacher practices and instructional programs in specific content areas (e.g., reading, STEM) as they relate to learner development and outcomes;
- Innovative programs and practices for teacher professional development, with a focus on how specific practices strengthen student development and learning in specific contexts and content areas.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- contribute expertise to undergraduate teaching efforts in two required foundational courses (i.e., Learning and Motivation, Creating and Managing Learning Environments) offered by the Educational Psychology section.
- participate in the coordination and teaching of undergraduate courses offered by the Educational Psychology section.
- participate in the educational psychology graduate program by teaching courses appropriate to his/her area of expertise.
- work synergistically with educational psychology faculty, faculty and staff in Purdue’s teacher education program, and P-12 educators, to enhance strategic efforts in learning, discovery, and engagement.
Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in educational psychology or a related area, and demonstrated evidence of ability to teach. K-12 classroom or related experience is preferred.
Applicants should submit the following: statement of interest, vita, graduate transcripts, evidence of teaching effectiveness and contributions to teacher education, and three letters of recommendation.
Please send all materials to Jeannie Navarre, email@example.com; address to Chair, Educational Psychology Search Committee, Department of Educational Studies, BRNG, 100 North University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2098. Review of applications will begin on March 30, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.