The Department of Educational Studies (http://www.edst.purdue.edu) within the College of Education at Purdue University is seeking applicants for a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Educational Psychology and Research Methodology program. The Educational Psychology and Research Methodology program confers PhD and MSEd degrees and a certificate in Quantitative Research, Assessment, and Evaluation in Education.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- teach undergraduate courses in educational psychology (Creating and Managing Learning Environments, Learning and Motivation) for the teacher education program. These courses also involve the coordination of undergraduate courses, supervision of teaching assistants for these courses, and service on College of Education committees relevant to teacher education efforts.
- participate in the educational psychology graduate program by teaching a course appropriate to his/her area of expertise.
- work synergistically with educational psychology and educational studies faculty, faculty and staff in Purdue’s teacher education program, departmental activities, and K-12 educators, to enhance strategic efforts in learning, discovery, and engagement.
- serve on program, department, and college committees and participate in other College of Education (COE) activities as appropriate, which might include forming collaborations with faculty, mentoring students, attending speaker series, and contributing to program area and departmental activities and meetings.
Applicants for the positions must hold a Ph.D. in educational psychology or a related area by the position start date and have demonstrated evidence of the ability to teach. The ideal candidate will have scholarly and applied interests in the area of K-12 classroom environments or teacher support for students’ learning and engagement. Evidence of relevant research expertise and experience is expected. Candidates should be familiar with both online and face-to-face instruction.
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
August 12, 2024
This position is a 9-month clinical position with a starting date of August 12, 2024. Review of applications will begin on November 5, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. Applications must include:
- a cover letter outlining the applicant’s qualifications, experience, research plan, and teaching philosophy,
- a current curriculum vitae, and
- three letters of reference with contact information.
All materials must be submitted through Success Factors, but addressed to Helen Patrick, Search Committee Chair, Department of Educational Studies, BRNG,100 N. University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907. Direct questions about the positions to the Search Committee Chair at email@example.com.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.