JOB TITLE: Director, Center for Education Research and Technology Innovation (CERTI)
REPORTS TO: Head of School, Chesapeake Bay Academy, as advised by CERTI Advisory Committee
START DATE: February 1, 2023
HOURS PER WEEK: 20 hours per week, leading to full-time
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000 + benefits (full-time)
To serve as the founding Director for CERTI and establish the organization as a leader in the field of research around educational technology, in partnership with institutions of higher learning. The executive director will lead CBA faculty and graduate researchers in carrying out action research and doctoral studies through participation on collaborative research teams.
To meet the tenets of the strategic plan the director will attend to the following goals:
- Goal 1: To implement a shared leadership model of CERTI with the Director as the coordinating leader and the Advisory Council as supportive participants.
- Goal 2: To identify and secure a variety of funding sources for fiscal sustainability.
- Goal 3: To develop, initiate, and complete research projects to support the mission of CERTI based on the core values.
- Goal 4: To disseminate the work products of CERTI for community, regional, and national recognition.
Doctoral level degree in educational psychology or related field. Previous work in the field of educational technology preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Research design, implementation, analysis, and reporting (quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong organizational skills and experience in project management.
- Ability to speak and write effectively for a range of professional audiences as well as parents and students.
- Expertise in use of SPSS software and other data-analysis programs, Microsoft Office, Google Suite or collaborative, cloud-based software.
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with key partners.
Major duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Effectively navigate the external IRB process; Oversee risk management for internal IRB.
- Conduct original individual, and collaborative research.
- Network with researchers from other institutions of higher learning.
- Organize and budget time effectively.
- Apply for sources of external funding.
- Work to deadlines as required.
- Hold or acquire current CITI training.
- Develop survey research, disseminate electronically, and interpret results.
- Conduct data analyses and basic statistical computations to include t-tests, ANOVAs, ICC, kappa, etc.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research.
- Research reporting using APA style and format.
- Present at conferences, symposia, and meetings.
- Lead and participate in group meetings with other researchers and support staff.
- Undertake thorough and comprehensive literature reviews.
- Develop knowledge and skills relating to innovative educational technology.
- Anticipate and comply with all health/safety, ethical, and financial conflict of interest research requirements.
- Supervise students undertaking masters and PhD level projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Policies and Procedures
The Director will read and adhere to all CBA policies and procedures and will comply with all pre-employment requirements.
Statement of Diversity and Inclusion
Chesapeake Bay Academy creates and fosters a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, and accepting environment for all those who engage in and with our community. We are committed to aligning our policies, programs, processes, and people with our core values of education and inclusion, integrity and respect. We actively stand against discrimination based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, country of origin, and physical or cognitive differences. It is our intent that every individual who engages at CBA feels accepted, represented, and empowered to share their beliefs and opinions.
- Cover letter explaining interest in and suitability for the position
- Current resume/CV (inc. research presentations/publications)
- 3 professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of the most recent degree conferred
Please email application materials as one pdf. to:
The CERTI Advisory Council
c/o Dr. Judy Jankowski