The College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) at the University of Missouri (MU) seeks an innovative, experienced administrator to be Director of ARC/eMINTS (Director II, Business Administration). ARC/eMINTS is a self-sustaining engagement and outreach unit with seven major business units that support both education in Missouri and multiple states across the US. The Director must have both business acumen and familiarity with the field of education as ARC/eMINTS operates using business principles to improve the practice of education both in Missouri and nationally.
With over 40 full-time employees and an annual budget of $9 million, ARC/eMINTS engages in both fee-for-service and grant activities. The Director will drive revenue, create and foster a culture of innovation, infuse business principles, and promote synergy across the organization for optimal educational impact and long-term sustainability.
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 6 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Prior experience leading large teams in an educational or business setting
- Deep understanding of both business and educational industries and operations
- Previous experience developing, writing and submitting multi-million dollar federal and state grant proposals.
- Direct the overall operations, marketing, finance, and human resource functions.
- Build and maintain the structures, processes, programs, and culture that enable the sustainability of the organization
- Create the vision for ARC/eMINTS and execute that vision to ensure sustainability of the organization
- Develop and direct both short-term and long-term strategic planning to accomplish the mission and goals of the organization
- Drive revenue for both fee-for-service and grant activities, increase efficiencies, and allocate resources to support the financial health of the organization
- Lead the development, testing, and launch of new products for the educational market
- Secure and maintain professional relationships within the CEHD, MU, the state, K-12 and higher educational institutions, and educational organizations
- Develop a mindset and culture for excellence through continuous improvement
- Identify, develop, and lead grant formulation, proposal submission, and strategy for large federal and regional grants
- Represent and advocate for ARC/eMINTS at MU, the UM System, state, regional, and national levels