The Yellin Center for Mind, Brain, and Education, a New York City-based independent educational assessment practice, is seeking a psychologist to join our multidisciplinary clinical team for comprehensive diagnostic assessments and ongoing care of children and young adults with learning challenges.
- Conducting psychoeducational and other assessments as part of a highly-collaborative interdisciplinary clinical team
- Writing comprehensive reports and participating in the development of learning plans.
- Conducting social-emotional assessments
- Working with students of all ages and grade levels, and from a variety of settings
- Collaborating with colleagues across disciplines to elucidate profiles of strengths and challenges and develop individualized treatment plans
- Developing and refining assessment tools and procedures
Successful applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Deep commitment to supporting academic success in children and young adults
- Master’s degree or higher in school psychology or related field
- Experience conducting psychoeducational assessments
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and highest professional and ethical standards
Additional valued attributes:
- Familiarity with a broad range of assessment tools
- Experience in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of challenges, including mathematics, reading, writing, attention, and executive function
- Strong interest in neuroscience and innovative educational practices
- Familiarity with current and emerging instructional programs and technology
- Able to consistently make thoughtful decisions under pressure
- Comfortable working in small teams
- Excellent rapport with wide range of ages
- Familiar with legal framework that governs educational support
- Long-term commitment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Creativity, flexibility, and sense of humor
This is a full-time position based in Manhattan, NY. Competitive salary and benefits are offered.
Salary Range: $70-$100K (dependent on level of experience).
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Psychologist” in the subject.