Missouri Western State University seeks applications for the position of Institutional Research Analyst. The IR analyst will extract, manage, analyze, and write reports (with visuals/graphic displays) to succinctly translate data for constituents both within and outside the University, for purposes of compliance with mandated reporting and for decision-making, planning, assessment, and accreditation with minimal supervision.
- Internal/External Reporting: coordinates the institutional research function with various internal-external constituents, including state and federal regulatory agencies. Ensures the integrity and validity of institutional data to support policy and decision-making for the University and prepares state and federal reports and surveys (e.g., IPEDS).
- Reporting Compliance: follows professional ethical standards and understands the possible financial, accreditation and legal consequences to the University as part of this position.
- Data Support: provides statistical support including data collection, development/programming of reports and systems to manage institutional and assessment data. Has a strong customer service orientation, provides quality training and participates in professional development to acquire new skills/competencies.
- Data Analysis: uses advanced research and statistical methods to conduct comprehensive data analyses, develops institutional studies and provides data interpretations to assist in decision-making processes and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of study emphasizing statistical research, analysis, interpretation, and reporting with five years of experience in state or federal reporting, or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Proficient in the use of statistical software for data extraction, verification, and analysis.
- Work independently, collaboratively, and possess effective organizational and time management skills.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with enterprise management systems, e.g. Banner.
- Knowledge of research methods (e.g., quasi-experimental methodology, survey data) involving inferential statistics and analytics.
- Experience working with large complex databases to statistically test and evaluate data.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to take initiative and solve problems.
- Strong ability to manage concurrent projects, maintain attention to detail and a high standard of integrity.
As a student-centered learning community, Missouri Western is dedicated to inclusion and the promotion of diversity as essential to our mission as a public university. This commitment contributes to transforming lives and demonstrates our values of freedom, respect and courage. The university encourages applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of our educational community. Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the U.S. Qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume (including contact information for three references), and unofficial transcripts to: email@example.com. Review of applicants begins immediately and continues until filled. For priority consideration, applications should be received by November 15 , 2019. EOE