The Georgetown Laboratory for Relational Cognition, directed by Dr. Adam Green, anticipates hiring a full-time lab manager to coordinate and conduct research on learning, reasoning, and creativity in high school students and young adults. The lab manager will contribute to ongoing large-scale grant-funded projects and help in development of new projects. The preferred start date is mid-June 2018. For more information on the lab, see cng.georgetown.edu.
- Collection of brain-imaging data (primarily fMRI), as well as behavioral and survey data – Recruitment of study participants
- Coordination of lab members to conduct ongoing projects
- Organization professional and informal lab activities
- Administration of grant budgets for multiple ongoing and developing projects
- Many other duties as needed and depending on interest/motivation, including direct involvement with planning research projects and analysis of collected data
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- One or more years of undergraduate or post-graduate research experience, ideally in the biological or psychological sciences
- Willingness to learn new skills and enthusiastically take on new projects and responsibilities
- Attention to detail, high level of self-motivation, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience gathering and analyzing fMRI data
- One or more years of leadership experience
- Programming experience (e.g., E-Prime, MATLAB, Python)
To apply for this position:
Applicants should send a cover letter describing relevant experience and career goals, a current resume/CV, an unofficial college transcript, and contact information for two or more people who can readily comment on the applicant’s qualifications to email@example.com. Please address any questions to Nhi Dinh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please see the Georgetown website for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at (202) 687- 4798. This position requires a criminal background check performed by Human Resources. Compensation is based on Georgetown pay scales, depending on qualifications and experience.