The Graduate School of Education at the University of California, Berkeley seeks candidates for an open-rank (i.e., Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor), tenure-track faculty position, in the area of School Psychology/Human Development with an expected start date of July 1, 2019.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to conduct research, supervise graduate student research and field-based experiences, and teach graduate courses in an APA- accredited School Psychology Program. The minimum qualifications to be considered for this position include a Ph.D. from an APA-accredited program in School Psychology, Clinical Psychology, or Counseling Psychology, or enrollment in an APA-accredited Ph.D. program at the time of application. The candidate must also be certified or credentialed as a School Psychologist and licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist. Specific areas of research and teaching specialization are open.
Candidates who will advance diversity, equity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and service are strongly preferred.
We prefer applicants who have a record of demonstrated excellence in research consistent with their career stage (e.g., refereed journal articles, book chapters), a record of or strong potential for procuring external funding, strong methodological skills, and a coherent, programmatic line of research. The candidate should also have demonstrated excellence in teaching and doctoral advising if post-Ph.D.
The successful candidate will become a member of the School Psychology Program’s core faculty in the Graduate School of Education. He or she will be required to teach courses that meet the Standards of Accreditation, advise students, and contribute to service in the School Psychology Program, the Graduate School of Education, and the University of California.
Berkeley is committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents. We are also interested in candidates who have had non-traditional career paths or who have taken time off for family reasons, or who have achieved excellence in careers outside academe (e.g., in professional or industry service). Additional information about family responsive benefits and programs is available on the Families webpage. For information about potential relocation to Berkeley, or career needs of accompanying partners and spouses, please visit: https://ofew.berkeley.edu/new-faculty.
Applicants should submit the following for a complete application:
- For applicants at the Assistant Professor level (including candidates who are currently Assistant or Senior Assistant Professors), please submit five letters of recommendation.
- For applicants at the Associate or Full Professor level, please provide contact information for five references. The committee will only contact references for finalists and will seek the candidate’s permission before doing so. (All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality: http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html prior to submitting their letters.
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter describing your research, publication, and teaching record
- 3-5 representative publications
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity: Please submit a 2 – 3 page statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these issues, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired as a Berkeley faculty member (for additional information go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity).
To apply at the Assistant Professor level please go to the following link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF01859
To apply at the Tenured level (Associate or Full Professor), please go to the following link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF01892
Rank will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Applications must be received by October 22, 2018.
Please direct questions to Uilani Hunt, firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-664-9984.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.