Full announcement found here: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/968/cw/en-us/job/522261/openrank-professor-instructional-design-and-technology
Job no: 522261
Work type: Teaching & Research Faculty
Senior management: Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
Department: School of Education
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Categories: Instructional / Teaching Faculty
Virginia Tech School of Education
Open Rank Instructional Design and Technology Position
The Virginia Tech School of Education is seeking applications for an open-rank professor of Instructional Design and Technology (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor). This nine-month, tenure-track/tenured faculty position is available August 2023 at the main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia.
This appointment provides a unique opportunity to join and to shape a vibrant research and education community situated in an increasingly diverse and globally connected university. Applicants seeking appointment with tenure at the Associate Professor or Professor rank must meet Virginia Tech’s criteria for tenure at the appropriate rank.
Responsibilities: (a) Conducting an active research and publication agenda, including pursuing external grant funding; (b) designing and teaching courses (online, hybrid, and/or face-to-face) that prepare students for a broad range of instructional design and technology positions in PreK-12 school systems, higher education, government agencies, business and industry, and non-profit organizations; (c) supervising master’s and doctoral students, and (d) providing impactful service to the School of Education, the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, at the university level, and within the profession. The typical teaching load is a total of four courses per year (2 courses in the fall and 2 in the spring semester), and the position requires occasional travel to attend conferences and meetings.
- A Ph.D. or Ed.D. in instructional design and technology, learning technologies, learning sciences, or in a related field by appointment start date
- An established and active research agenda as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate and/or graduate instructional design and technology courses online, hybrid, and/or face-to-face
- Demonstrated record of service and leadership at the local, state, and/or national levels
- Evidence of tangible outcomes related to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and to function effectively as a team member
- Applied experience designing and developing learning environments based on established educational theories and instructional design practices
- Extensive record of funded, impactful research and experience managing grant budgets, activities, and staff, commensurate with experience level
- Demonstrated ability to mentor master’s and doctoral students, including chairing and serving on dissertation committees
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to mentor junior faculty
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to course and program development
- Experience developing and sustaining interdisciplinary initiatives, collaborative partnerships, and/or outreach.
Virginia Tech has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Applicants from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university serving the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the global community. The discovery and dissemination of new knowledge are central to its mission. Through its focus on research and discovery, teaching and learning, and outreach and engagement, the university creates, conveys, and applies knowledge to expand personal growth and opportunity, advance social and community development, foster economic competitiveness, and improve the quality of life.
As the Commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech offers over 280 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to more than 34,000 students and manages a research portfolio of more than $521 million. Virginia Tech is located in the beautiful mountains of Southwest Virginia, offering a wide variety of cultural and outdoor recreational activities.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu; refer to posting #522261. Please submit (a) a cover letter addressing the required qualifications (preferably in the order listed above) and preferred qualifications if applicable, (b) a curriculum vitae, and (c) the names and contact information for three references. After an initial review, applicants may be asked for additional materials, such as sample publications. Review of applications will begin October 27, 2022, and continue until the position is filled. References will only be contacted if the candidate advances to the interview stage.
Employment is contingent upon submission of official university transcripts and a criminal background check.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Brett Jones, Professor and Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Office of Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061 or http://www.vt.edu/about/equal-opportunity.html
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sherri Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 6, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled