The College of Education at the University of Maryland (UMD) at College Park is seeking to hire a postdoctoral associate to work on an IES-funded project: Developmental Relations Between Language Ability and Behavior Problems. The project combines primary data collection (direct assessment, classroom observations, teacher reports) with several other forms of data analyses that converge on questions central to longitudinal associations between language, behavior, and social development in the early elementary grades. The postdoctoral associate will be expected to take a leading role in designing and conducting studies and to fully participate in cross-university collaborations between the PI and collaborator labs. This researcher is will also have access to and be expected to collaborate with other UMD faculty, post-docs, and students in the College of Education, Language and Literacy Research Center, and the Language Science Center.
- Data analysis of large-scale longitudinal data
- Propose and develop measurement studies using assessment data
- Work with our research team to prepare manuscripts for peer reviewed journals
- Lead other data analyses and other research aligned with both the postdoctoral associate and the larger team’s goals
- Mentor and supervise research assistants and graduate students
- Bring own expertise to research discussions to study proposal development and design
- Recently completed PhD in education, psychology, or a related field
- Strong interest in school-based research and the study of language, behavior, social development, classroom contexts, or related content areas
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and/or mixed-methods research skills (experience with using and analyzing longitudinal data sets and analyses is particularly desirable)
- Excellent project management skills
This is a 12-month, full-time position for up to 2 years. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Applicants should upload the following materials electronically via the University of Maryland Jobs Portal (https://ejobs.umd.edu/):
- Cover letter summarizing qualifications noted above
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information (phone number and email address) of three individuals who may be contacted as professional references
- Two writing samples (published peer-reviewed journal articles are preferred, but can also be in-progress works)
For best consideration, please submit all application materials by December 1, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For position inquiries, please contact Dr. Jason Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.