POSITION INFORMATION: This position offers collaborative and independent research opportunities at the Early Childhood Education Institute (ECEI) at OU-Tulsa. It is an opportunity to join an existing research group dedicated to applied research in early childhood education, with a special focus on birth through age 3 populations and settings. The major responsibilities include conceptualizing research questions based on ECEI’s existing data, analyzing data, preparing manuscripts suitable for publication in leading journals, collaborating with ECEI staff and affiliates in preparing proposals for external funding and responding to RFPs. Successful candidate will lead and/or work closely with interdisciplinary staff/faculty/and student research teams in all aspect of research.
This position is a one-year appointment. Upon satisfactory performance, reappointment for additional years possible. This position is contingent on the continued availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
- Develop publications from existing ECEI databases. Become familiar with existing ECEI databases, generate research questions, analyze data, and draft publications suitable for leading journals.
- Technical support and advising. Provide technical support—methodological, statistical, and procedural—for projects conducted by ECEI staff and affiliates.
- Develop independent line of research in collaboration with ECEI staff. Develops own line of inquiry relevant to ECEI’s applied research.
- Supervision/Task Delegation. Delegates tasks, as appropriate, among ECEI staff in order to carry out analyses and publications for the ECEI and Research Partners; mentors junior staff.
- Leading and collaborating with project teams. Leads and/or works closely with interdisciplinary staff/faculty/and student research teams in all aspect of research; collaborate in preparation of proposals for external funding.
- Participates in ECEI professional development activities. Participates in ECEI professional development by attending scheduled trainings, as directed, and by sharing expertise with staff and affiliates.
- Participates in ECEI dissemination activities. Leads and participates in development of manuscripts for publication. Develops and delivers presentations at professional conferences.
Education: Candidates must have completed their doctoral degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, or related field.
Experience: Candidate should have interest and expertise in early childhood education research. Strong skills in quantitative analysis and success in peer-reviewed publications required.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS: Research and content expertise in early childhood education. Strong computer skills including ability to use statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS; proficiency in navigating and maintaining databases using EXCEL, ACCESS, or similar packages. Able to conduct a variety of advanced quantitative analyses independently, draft manuscripts, and present research findings in oral and written forms. Must be able to conceptualize research questions, analyze data, and present findings suitable for professional publication in leading journals. Ability to work and lead in a team environment including the ability to work independently and delegate as necessary. Demonstrated interpersonal skills; effective oral/written communication skills required. Applicants with research interest and expertise in infant-toddler care and education and/or at-risk populations, including Dual Language Learners and children living in poverty, are especially desired. Spanish fluency preferred. Willing to work some nights and weekends to meet project demands. Must be able to travel overnight occasionally for tasks related to data collection, analysis, or presentation.
For more information contact: Diane Horm, Director, Early Childhood Education Institute, University of Oklahoma-Tulsa; email@example.com
To apply for this position, please visit https://jobs.ou.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=308326
Select Tulsa Campus Jobs; The position number is 19440. The position will remain open until filled.