The Educational Psychology program area in the Department of Educational, School, and Counseling Psychology housed in the College of Education at the University of Kentucky is seeking a full-time, postdoctoral scholar for the 2018-2019 academic year with a possible renewal in 2019-2020. Re-appointment contingent upon funding. The postdoctoral scholar’s primary responsibilities would include teaching four courses and maintaining a productive line of research in the areas of human development and research methods. The postdoc would also have the opportunity to consult with students and faculty on research projects.
The ideal candidate would have a background in human development, research methods, and developmental or educational psychology and a demonstrated commitment to social justice and working with marginalized populations. Applicants with a record of scholarly publications are strongly preferred.
• An earned doctorate in educational psychology or closely-related area
• Evidence of substantive knowledge and background in the field of educational and/or developmental psychology
• Evidence of substantive knowledge in quantitative, psychometric, and/or research methods, particularly related to experimental design
• Demonstrated excellence or potential for excellence in undergraduate/graduate face-to-face and online teaching
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice
• Teach graduate courses in the areas of educational psychology, cognitive development, lifespan and social/emotional development, and research methods
• Maintain an active line of research, publication, and other scholarly activities
• Provide service to the program and department
• Provide consultation to graduate students as needed in relevant areas of expertise
For a full description of this post—and application instructions—please visit https://ukjobs.uky.edu/