Open Date: Dec 03, 2021; Deadline: Feb 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Description: The University of Notre Dame is committed to offering an unmatched learning experience for all students (undergraduate, graduate, professional). The Lucy Institute for Data & Society and ND Learning (the University’s learning organization) invite applications for a postdoctoral scholar in educational data science to help us advance this work. We are especially interested in scholars who have demonstrated expertise that connects quantitative methods with applied inclusive pedagogies and scholars who wish to conduct original research into learning efficacy AND implement that research at Notre Dame as part of a dynamic and collaborative team with deep experience in data mining, learning analytics, assessment, learning/instructional design, and pedagogical science.
The position will offer opportunities to expand experience in:
- Analysis of existing corpus of data involving student engagement and learning using educational data mining and visualization methods;
- Mentoring graduate and undergraduate students;
- Design and implementation of educational interventions at Notre Dame, including data collection and analysis;
- Dissemination of research findings in written and other forms, including for internal scholarly audiences and external disciplinary audiences.
- Contributing to grant writing and supporting grant-funded research projects.
This position is funded jointly by the Lucy Family Institute for Data & Society and Notre Dame Learning; the postdoc will be supervised by Dr. Ying (“Alison”) Cheng in the Department of Psychology and will also be a team member of ND Learning.
The salary range is anticipated to be 55-60K. The initial appointment is for one year, with the possibility of renewal for an additional two years. We will begin reviewing applications January 28th, 2022 with a close date of 2/15/2022. The start date of the position is flexible, but we expect the postdoc to begin their appointment no later than July 1, 2022.
- Ph.D. in quantitative methods, educational psychology, learning science, statistics/data science or a closely related field, in hand by the time of hire.
- Experience conducting educational research in school settings.
- Experience in the following areas: quantitative methods, including machine learning, structural equation modeling, and multi-level modeling; inclusive pedagogy or educational development in higher education; student engagement and learning analytics; identity, psychometrics, or log data analysis.
We welcome applicants with at least one or more of these desired qualifications (we do not expect applicants to have expertise in all of these domains).
Please submit your expressions of interest in this postdoctoral opportunity, including:
- Current CV
- Cover letter that includes a statement of research interests and a description of scholarly and professional experience relevant to the position
- No more than three relevant publications (aligned with this position)
- A References Document with contact information for at least three scholarly references (The committee will not contact references until finalists are selected.)
Learn more—and apply—at the full position announcement, here: https://apply.interfolio.com/99837