The Faculty of Education, Monash University has a national and international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. We are a large, comprehensive and diverse faculty, ranked number 1 in Australia and 15th in the world for education*. Monash graduates are known for their knowledge, intellectual engagement, skill, innovation and flexibility.
The Professor and Head, School of Education, Culture and Society is a newly created position within the Faculty and is responsible for the overall operational management of the academic staff cohort in the School. This position will provide strategic leadership in academic governance and supervision, staffing and resource planning, and implementation of research strategy to achieve the Faculty’s goals.
The Professor and Head, School of Education, Culture and Society position is responsible for making major contributions towards the ongoing international profiles of our school and interdisciplinary research whilst simultaneously undertaking their own program of innovative teaching.
Reporting directly to the Dean, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing high-level strategic leadership to the school that is aligned with Faculty and University strategic plans
- Staff leadership and financial management, including managing and overseeing budgets, team building, recruitment and selection, performance management and staff development
- Actively engage in research in line with the Faculty’s research strategy and provide innovative and effective leadership for the expansion of the Faculty’s HDR program by attracting high quality HDR students
- Strong and committed leadership in teaching, curriculum development and research training by participating in the Faculty’s curriculum planning and development processes, academic committee’s and relevant examination processes
- Work collaboratively with key staff across the Faculty and broader University community and support the Dean as a trusted advisor
The position of Head of School will be held for 3 years, and may be extended for an additional term by mutual agreement. The Head of School position will be underpinned by a continuing appointment as Professor.
*Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2021 and QS Subject rankings, 2021.
Learn more—and find application instructions—at the full announcement, here.