Under the leadership of the Director of Research and Evaluation, the position is responsible for completing both formative and summative evaluations of division and school‐based programs and initiatives within and on behalf of the Office of Planning, Innovation and Accountability (PIA). Work with school division administrators, instructional coordinators, building administrators, and teachers to plan and conduct all aspects of these evaluations. Review professional literature on educational research and report to appropriate staff members on findings related to topics of interest in the school division. Present evaluation results in a report format to the School Board, superintendent, and/or members of the leadership team as appropriate. Assist administrators and teachers in developing and conducting school or division‐level evaluations including guidance in developing evaluation instruments, evaluation procedures and conducting data analysis.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Design survey instruments to use in program evaluations.
• Design, conduct and report results of program evaluations and longitudinal studies.
• Collect data through various means such as classroom observations, survey instruments, student assessments
and/or the division’s database.
• Analyze data collected as part of program evaluations and develop reports, including program
• Respond to requests for data or information from other offices or school personnel.
• Provide leadership and assistance to schools and departments in planning, designing and conducting program
• Provide leadership regarding effective evaluation models, methods, and systems.
• Conduct and develop literature reviews related to educational research, evaluation, and assessment at the
direction of the Executive Director and/or Director as needed for projects.
• Collaborate with department staff to plan program evaluations.
• Work collaboratively with other departments and schools on the use and interpretation of educational data.
• Develop evaluation plans for completing formative and summative program evaluations.
• Provide in‐service training to teachers and administrators as requested.
• Serve as chairperson or participating member of the Program Evaluation Committee, and develop and assist
with processes to prioritize programs for evaluation.
• Serve on the Research Review Committee as needed.
• Attend and/or present at meetings such as School Board meetings, school or division committee meetings as
assigned or requested.
• Participate in office staff meetings.
• Proofread office documents.
• Supervise activities of clerical personnel.
• Perform related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of research and program evaluation practices. Must have the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and administration. Must have strong report writing skills; advanced statistical analysis skills, and project management skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and SPSS. Must have a knowledge of measurement theories and experience with the design, validity, and reliability of instruments. Knowledge of K‐12 education issues is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Position requires Master’s Degree (doctorate preferred) and 3 years successful experience as a program evaluator or research analyst. Applicant must have experience beyond university coursework requirements in program evaluation and research, qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, management and analysis of longitudinal data sets, and survey development.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks
Possession of a valid driver’s license
Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.