The Program Officer (PO) – Research manages a research and grant portfolio that focuses on data-driven research and metrics to track entrepreneurial ecosystems, and to further research illuminating successful outcomes to support entrepreneurs, organizations that support entrepreneurs, and decision makers and policymakers.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work closely with Kauffman Foundation staff, researchers, data scientists, and grantees to develop data and metrics on entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Conduct research and data analysis as needed and oversee research contractors.
- Acquire a wide range of knowledge on all issues that are of interest to the Entrepreneurship Department. The PO may be asked to provide leadership on a particular content subject and contribute to Foundation outputs, while developing expertise on a broad range of issues. Focus on keeping up with the changing landscape of research and data in entrepreneurship.
- Develop and manage grants and research initiatives which are relevant to entrepreneurship support organizations and policymakers and lead to data and metrics that ultimately support the success of entrepreneurs.
A successful candidate profile includes (but is not limited to):
- Ability to construct logical arguments that connect grant outcomes to overall departmental goals.
- Adequate understanding of organizational and leadership dynamics in order to identify grantee capacity for success as well as potential risks.
- Methodological and analytical rigor and creative insight to identify, shape, and manage high quality research in support of strategic goals of the Foundation.
For a complete description of this position, and instructions on how to apply, please read this document [PDF].