Texas Tech University College of Education and Institute for Measurement, Methodology, Analysis and Policy (IMMAP; see immap.educ.ttu.edu) are inviting applications for Research Associates in a multi-year program devoted to Measurement, Methodology, Analysis and Policy. IMMAP is a methodological think tank that focuses on solving research problems with innovations in research design, assessment methods, and data analytics. Awarded fellows work closely with the IMMAP director, Todd D. Little, and one or more IMMAP faculty collaborators who are matched on the basis of interests in methodology and data analysis.
These IMMAP positions involve collaborating on various IMMAP projects that are focused on effectiveness evaluations, policy issues, social and education initiatives, and other projects encompassing the educational, behavioral, biological, and social sciences. IMMAP offers unique growth opportunities because of the Institute’s omnidisciplinary approach to research and data analysis. Students and faculty from diverse departments and backgrounds work together, creating rigorous solutions to answer important questions in variety of fields that impact policy both locally and globally.
Requisition ID: 1971BR
Work Location: Texas Tech University campus, Lubbock, TX
Department: EDUC Administration General
Position Description: Performs specialized work in the planning, conducting and/or supervising of original research. Responsible for participating in, planning, scheduling and/or supervising research projects and the interpretation of the results for publication. Work is performed under general supervision with evaluation based on accomplishment of assigned objectives and overall effectiveness of project. May supervise research and student assistants.
- Involved in collaborating on various IMMAP projects that are focused on effectiveness evaluations, policy issues, and educational initiatives, and other projects encompassing the educational, behavioral, biological, and social sciences
- Proofreading and editing text and citations in various document types
- Work with students on task prioritization, data analyses, and meeting scheduling
- Safeguard confidentiality by exercising discretion in communicating to faculty, students, and staff and handling departmental records, files, applications, proposal evaluations, and similar confidential materials
- Edit and submit letters of support, recommendation, and evaluations on behalf of IMMAP leadership
- Provide additional administrative Support as needed
- Prepare to learn omnidisciplinary approach to research and data analysis
- Prepare to learn to assume research and leadership positions in disciplines that bridge science and policy
- Prepare to learn and use well-defined statistical and methodological skills necessary to conduct meaningful research projects
- Prepare to gain knowledge and competence to develop, implement, and evaluate intervention programs for divers populations
- Prepare to learn skills to submit competitive grant applications, and expertise in grant writing for publication and presenting at professional conferences
- Master’s degree or specialized academic training beyond the Bachelor’s level in a particular field of science or engineering equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- One year research experience.
- Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse students, administrators, and other professionals.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently at times and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, spreadsheets, database support and data entry.
- Course work completed and experience in using both basic and advanced statistical procedures.
- Good standing in a doctoral training program that has a clear empirical research emphasis related to educational, social, or behavioral science researcher.
- Affiliated doctoral training programs in mathematics, statistics, and computer science would also qualify.
Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof. Organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities. Integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes. Establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public.
This position does not work in a research laboratory, it is Full Time, paid on a monthly basis, at a minimum hire rate of $2,000.00.
EEO Statement: As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Required Application Attachments: Resume / CV / Cover Letter
Optional Attachments: Professional/Personal Reference
Please visit the Texas Tech Careers site at:
Then click on Search openings and type in 1971BR into the Requisition ID field.
OR you may try this direct link (Requisition # 1971BR)