Position Title: Senior Research Analyst
This post-doc position is an opportunity to build and work with one of the nation’s largest comprehensive databases on teacher evaluation. The applicant will have the opportunity to be a pioneer in designing an innovative, reliable teacher evaluation system and analyze a database with over 30,000 teachers and their principals. The position will involve innovation, problem-solving, complex quantitative analyses, and measurement development. The applicant will be expected to contribute to publications and grant writing.
The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for developing assessments using psychometric analyses, developing procedures to ensure quality of data collection and analyzing large multivariate, multi-level data sets for the Network for Educator Effectiveness (see nee.missouri.edu), located at the Assessment Resource Center, in the College of Education at the University of Missouri.
The Senior Research Analyst will work with a team to:
- Develop assessments, from the initial blueprint phase through psychometric analysis, to final product
- Develop a system for measuring and enhancing inter-rater reliability of data collectors
- Develop scoring rubrics and procedures to measure complex human behavior
- Download data from database using SQL
- Analyze large multivariate, multi-level data sets
- Set up a system for monitoring quality of continuously incoming data
- Develop a mechanism for drawing together data sources (e.g., from state-level data)
A doctorate in quantitative research methods, measurement, or relevant discipline requiring evidence of mastery of research skills and quantitative analysis required.
Experience in development of assessments and experience in data analysis required, with demonstrated skill using statistical software packages (e.g., R, Facets, Winsteps, Mplus, SPSS, SAS). The ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken language is necessary.
Starting / Ending Date:
Position posted 3/23/2016. Applications will be received until the position is filled. The position will start as soon as the successful candidate is able to begin, preferably June 2016. The position is for 12 to 18 months with the possibility of renewal.
Search for position ID #19110 on the University of Missouri employment portal at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/staff/. For questions call the project director, Crystal Kroner, at 573-882-4694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.