Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Evaluation Director in the Yale Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL), the STEM Education Evaluator will develop and execute a comprehensive program evaluation approach for an externally funded STEM education program. In consultation with CTL colleagues, the incumbent will conceptualize, design, and implement evaluation and assessment initiatives to determine outcomes of a college STEM faculty development program and a teaching postdoctoral scholar program.
Responsible for data collection and statistical analysis of education-related data sets, as well as the implementation of research designs and protocols. Partners with internal and external program leaders and key personnel to ensure a data-driven approach to the program. Collaborates and consults with university STEM teaching faculty and post-docs on a broad range of issues in teaching, learning, cognition, program evaluation and assessment, as well as education research and scholarship. Participates in analysis using existing program data to advise and monitor future curriculum change. Evaluates Summer Institutes based upon previous data analysis and existing instruments and protocols. Collaborates on the design and evaluation of the Yale post-doctoral training initiative in Scientific Teaching, including assessment of off-site teaching at local institutions, and assessment of the impact of this outreach component. Participates in curriculum-related meetings as necessary. Reports progress and make recommendations in written and oral formats to CTL leadership, university administration and funding organizations. Participates in other program evaluation planning and implementation projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design, and implement program evaluation and assessment initiatives using logic models and validated instruments. Computer literate with proficiency in SPSS, MS Excel, MS Access, and/or Qualtrics.
- Demonstrated ability to apply research and theory from cognitive, social, and/or educational psychology (or related education fields) to the design of educational evaluation in college STEM incl. faculty development initiatives, institutional change initiatives, and/or long-term student outcomes.
- Demonstrated skills in data collection and basic inferential statistical analysis of evaluation initiatives in college STEM.
- Ability to use and analyze existing curriculum evaluation datasets to advise and monitor future curriculum change.
- Familiarity with core and innovative educational methods in college STEM such as active learning, formative assessment, and/or inclusive teaching. Interest in initiatives connecting faculty development to student persistence and/or retention.
- Preferred: Evaluation Netway or similar program evaluation planning tools. Faculty development, grant writing, obtaining/managing funding, and reporting on efforts to key stakeholders in support of research and/or educational program evaluation.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.yale.edu/jobs – the STARS req ID for this position is 33213BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.