Georgia Southern University’s Department of Elementary and Special Education in the College of Education invites applications and nominations for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Elementary Mathematics Education position.
Screening of applications begins Friday, December 4, 2020
• Earned doctorate in Elementary Education, Mathematics Education, Early Childhood Education, Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Mathematics Education, or a closely related field by August 1, 2021, with at least 18 graduate semester hours of coursework in mathematics content and/or mathematics pedagogy
• Minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience in grades P-12
• Potential for a program of scholarship relevant to elementary education and/or mathematics education
• Ability to contribute to a positive work environment in the department, college, and University
• Willingness to engage in institutional student success initiatives and commitment to equity in all forms
• Demonstrated commitment to engaging with best-practice initiatives, especially culturally responsive pedagogy, in instruction, mentoring, and curriculum design and development
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution
PLEASE READ COMPLETE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT ATTACHED HERE.
Inquiries, applications, and nominations should be sent to: Dr. Scott Beck, Search Chair