The Department of Curriculum and Instruction (C&I) at the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Massachusetts Boston seeks one full or associate professor, and one assistant professor with expertise in early childhood education and care and child development, or a closely related field (such as human development, child development, psychology, family studies, education policy, etc.).
We are seeking collaborative and creative colleagues who shares UMass Boston’s commitment to urban populations and who possess global, inclusionary, and/or transdisciplinary perspectives on early education and care. The successful candidates will be expected to contribute to the development, growth, and enhancement of programs in the early childhood area, including a new doctoral program in Early Childhood Care and Education. In particular, we are seeking scholars working on the leading edge of Early Childhood Education and Care research, particularly in the early learning sciences, global access and quality, and child development and early learning in urban, diverse, immigrant contexts.
We are looking for individuals whose expertise aligns with one or more of the following hiring priorities:
- Early learning curriculum, instruction, or approaches, for diverse children birth to five, in contexts such as home visiting, family child care, center based child care, Early Head Start/Head Start, and public school early childhood settings
- Early learning sciences or environmental design for early learning settings
- Child development with focus on math/science or cognitive/language development in applied settings
- Early education and child development in global contexts
- Early care and education finance, policy, leadership
For more information please visit http://umb.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=54340&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0