The Department of Educational Psychology (EPS) is seeking to fill a Tenure Track Assistant Professor, Educational Psychology position at our Flagstaff Mountain campus beginning in August 2022. The EPS Department seeks candidates with a background in Educational Psychology, Learning Sciences, or closely related area with expertise in one or more of the following areas: learning/learning environments, cognition, memory, affect/emotion, motivation, reasoning/problem solving/decision making, and learning with technology. The candidate should possess demonstrated or emerging potential for successful research, innovative instructional methodology, experience or potential in working with graduate-level students on research and dissertations, and a commitment to diversity. The position is a 9-month tenure-track faculty line, with potential to teach during the summer.
1. Teach undergraduate educational psychology courses for teacher preparation programs
2. Teach graduate courses with a focus on educational psychology for learning for programs across the College of Education
3. Establish/maintain an active line of research in your area of expertise and pursue interdisciplinary research collaborations
4. Prepare and manage external grant proposals/programs
5. Advise and mentor graduate students on research and serve on dissertation committees 6. Fulfill service responsibilities to the department, college, university, and the profession